Discussion can be accessible from the course home page by clicking the Discussions
link located on the Course Navbar as shown in Figure 1. Discussion allows you to communicate with your
instructor and the peers without have to be online at the same time.
Posting Message on Discussion Board:
- To post the message, go to the course home page and click the discussions link on
the course navbar. It will list the available discussion forums and topics.
- Choose the topic under which you wish to post a message.
- Click Add Message button as shown on Figure 2. You should be able to view the area to type
the message on the lower part of screen.
- Type in the subject of the message in the box beside Subject.
- Type the message in the bigger text box.
- You may attach a file to the message, if you wish, in the Attach File box or by clicking Browse
and choosing the file.
- Click Submit button.
View message posted on Discussion Board
- Click Discussion located on the Course navbar.
- Click the Discussion topic title link that you wish to view.
- Click the subject title link that you would like to view message.
Note: The message will be displayed at the bottom of the page. You may reply or flag the message.
You may sort the messages in ascending or descending order by clicking either of the links Subject,
Posted by or Date.
You can search the postings on discussion forum in two options: Normal Search and Advanced Search.
A) Normal Search
- Click on the icon to show the search bar if it is hidden.
- On the search bar type in the keyword in the box beside Search.
- Click Search button as shown in the Figure above.
B) Advanced Search
If you would like to search by name of the person who posted, date posted,
subject and keyword in the message follow the instructions listed below:
- Click the icon to show the search bar if it is hidden.
- Click the link Advanced Search.
- Type in the keyword in the text box beside Search.
- Check the boxes beside Subject or Posted by or
Body in accordance to your preference for search.
- Click the box beside Date between and choose the appropriate date, if you want to search by date.
- Click Search Button as shown in the Figure above.
Replying to a message
- Follow the steps to view message posted on Discussion Board.
- Click the subject title link of the message that you wish to reply.
The message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the option with message or without message on the
lower right side of the page beside Reply button.
- Click Reply Button.
- Type in the reply message in the text box.
- You may attach a file to the message, if you wish, in the Attach File box or by
clicking Browse and choosing the file.
- Click Submit button. You should now be able see the
reply to the message in the messages list.
Printing Message Postings
If you want to print all the message postings click the icon .
It displays the messages on the current page to a printable format on a new page.
Click print button.
If you want to print only a few of the messages then check the boxes besides the message you
wanted to be posted. Click the icon .It displays
selected posts in the printable format on a new page. Click print button.
Other Discussion Tools
The discussion tool is accessible when you click on the Discussion located on the navigation bar. Click on
the topic that you want to work with. You will be able to view the page on the middle part of the page.
It refreshes posting of message.
- Remove flags from all the post: It removes the flags
from all the message postings on topic in the page.
- Flag selected Post: It flags the selected message